Monday, August 31, 2009

Rock N' Roll Rulez!!

This weekend I did one of the bigger cakes I've ever made. It was a guitar for a 7 year old boy's birthday. They supplied the invitation and wanted something along the same lines:



I started out with two 13x9 cakes and carved them into the guitar body, then I crumb coated with buttercream.



Another 13x9 cake was cut for the neck and top. I covered the body part with fondant seperately, then put the neck on and covered it. Then I cut the letters and accents out of fondant and applied them with a little water to the back.



To finish it off, I used a little luster dust and some black cake sparkles for a splattered kind of effect. I piped (and wiped and re-piped and wiped and re-piped) the strings on with buttercream. Here's the final result...drum roll please...


Ta Da!

I am actually quite please with the way this one turned out. It was super time consuming, but worth it in the end. I just hope the people who requested it were as pleased.

2 comments:

Sheila Rae said...

Your cakes are amazing!! Wish you were by me so I could order from you. Wow..

Following you from MBC :)

Sheila

YouthfulTips said...
This comment has been removed by the author.