Sunday, May 16, 2010

Birthday Cake!

Birthday cake for a 7 year old girl! It was supposed to be Littlest Pet Shop, but I didn't quite pull it off. I think I'm losing my touch... :) This one was a bit tricky for me. I had problem after problem. I used the Wilton bear pan for the body and changed it around a bit, but couldn't quite the the face right. And the whole things seems to be shifting to the right. And my balloons were top heavy and fell over. Good thing it was for a friend... she'll forgive me. :)

Next time, I think I need a denser cake recipe for the 3-D pan. And maybe I should start earlier than the night before it needs to be done!

9 comments:

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

That is SO adorable!

Veronica Lee said...

Super cute!

Happy Wednesday!

The Empress said...

Incredible! I have to tell my friend about you, she loves all cakes!

blueviolet said...

Completely perfect for a little girl!

Amo said...

I think it looks great!

Bryna said...

I don't see anything wrong with it! :) Cute to me!

Erin said...

You are too hard on yourself! I can't even make a regular rectangle cake!!!

;-)
Fabulous job!

panamamama said...

I think it's cute! I think you have to use pound cake for those pans, don't you? Is that fondant you covered it with? I have problems with odd shapes and fondant, I need to practice!

Tracie said...

Looks great to me!