Saturday, May 29, 2010

Wow! Wow! Wow! Wubbzy cake

This was for my neighbor's two year old. My daughter decided he would want to Wubbzy cake and I always do everything she says...

I was happy with it, with the exception of how bumpy Wubbzy is. My fondant stretched too thin and showed every flaw of the cake underneath. I've found that's one of the downfalls of using homemade fondant. It's not as thick as the store bought stuff and isn't as easy to work with. But it tastes so, so much better! I'm willing to have a few bumps in exchange for something that's actually edible. Have you ever tasted Wilton fondant? Ugh.

3 comments:

The Lucy and Dick Show said...

What a lot of work and effort you put into your cakes. You can see the love and I don't care if he's bumpy!

panamamama said...

I know! I hate the taste of Wilton. My homemade was always great until about 2 yrs ago. Not sure what changed but it's not predictable- sometimes tears and gets lumps. Makes me so sad. I've heard that there are brands that are better, but haven't tried any yet- don't want to order a ton... Have you ever tried Marshmallow fondant? I haven't but hear alot about it.

Ali (OneChicMommy) said...

All your cakes look amazing! My kiddies would absolutely love the Wubbzy cake!